Who will control my data?
The Data Controller for all the information you provide on this form is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY. Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294
If you need help in understanding or completing this form, please contact the Housing Commissioning Team by emailing email@example.com
How we will use the information about you.
The information you provide on this form will be used to assess the local housing needs and level of support for affordable housing in your parish.
Who else will we share your information with?
We will only use this information in conjunction with assessing local housing needs and developing Cornwall's Homelessness delivery strategy housing. We may also share your information with Cornwall Council’s Housing and Planning Services, local parish council and other relevant stakeholders, and external partners including Homechoice, Help-to-Buy South West, Homes England and registered providers. The final strategy will not contain any personal information that could identify individuals or organisations.
In accordance with Cornwall Council’s Record Retention Policy, the information you provide on this form will be held for a minimum of 3 years, after which period it will be reviewed for further retention or destroyed in a secure manner. Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of the UK. Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
Why do you need my information?
The community and Cornwall Council need to be able to plan sensibly for the provision of housing that meets local needs. In order to do this we need to know about your current housing circumstances and your future requirements. If you choose to provide us with your name and contact details they will only be used to assess your housing need and keep you informed about future housing projects.
What are my data rights?
Any personal information shared with us will be processed, but will always be owned and belong to the individual to whom it relates: They will have the right to:
• be informed of how we will process it
• request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
• have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
• have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
• withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
• restrict how we process it
• object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
• object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
• request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you
How do I exercise these rights?
If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact: Simon Mansell Data Protection Officer Cornwall Council County Hall Truro TR1 3AY
You can read about Cornwall Council's privacy notice, how we control your data and your rights on our website www.cornwall.gov.uk/privacy