What this policy covers
Who will control my data?
The Data Controller for all the information you provide on this form is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY. Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294
There’s something I don’t understand
“If you need help in understanding this policy, please contact the Communications & Engagement Team on telephone number 504533 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is regulated by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What personal information we collect
The Strategy & Engagement Service collect information from you when you register to use this site. This includes your email address and additional demographic information as provided by you on the registration form.
Please note that you are able to browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without signing up.
The content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here.
We collect information about your usage of the site, such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
How we will use the information we collect about you
The Strategy and Engagement Service will collect this information in order to:
- analyse and interpret it to help meet Council objectives and obligations;
- communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives; and
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
Who else we will share your information with
The Strategy and Engagement Service may share your engagement information with other services within Cornwall Council.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will be processed by our sub-contractor both within the EEA and outside of the EEA, more specifically in India and Australia. Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice and to members of staff of our sub-contractor for the purposes of maintaining the system only.
Our sub-contractor Bang the Table Pty Ltd will also maintain the same levels of security that we do which are set out in the contract we have with them.
Requesting access or correcting your personal information
What are my data rights?
Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:
- be informed of how we will process it
- request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
- have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
- have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
- withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
- restrict how we process it
- object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
- object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
- request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you
How do I exercise these rights?
If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Truro TR1 3AY
Tel: 01872 326424
I don’t agree with something
We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office Tel No. 0303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk/concerns/